Feedback Forum

Suggest ideas and feature requests to make Crowdfire the best marketing tool

Show Fake Followers.

Would be great if you could analyse our followers, showing which ones are potentially Fake/Spam Followers. Then we could either block or report them, or both. Thanks.

1,073 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to get the oppertunity to sort your followers out in their Following:Followers Ratio(FFR). So you can easily see which people have a lower ratio.

Let's say a twitter user has 20 followers and 1000 following(=2.00% FFR).

Sort people on low ratio so you can easily unfollow them. These people are most-likely bots. This ensures you don't unfollow people with high ratio's which are probably real users.

• WigwamWigwam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to filter out followers using third party apps, though ironic, would be a huge help with this. While you might not be able to use the API to find third-party users (nor would that be practical), you can easily build a filter for accounts that are attached to a crowdfire account which will cut down tremendously on false follows.

I submitted a dedicated suggestion for this here:

https://ideas.crowdfireapp.com/forums/174793-general/suggestions/7664727-crowdfire

• Martin SigaardMartin Sigaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fake accounts often tweet the same thing over and over again. Also their Bio contains hash tags like #TFB #followback #instantfollow #INSTANTFOLLOWBACK

• EdwinEdwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea allows ---->
        * instagram users to see (How Many Picture Likes In Total) any follower have committed towards you in a list format from least to greatest.

This feature helps you narrow who is a good person to keep following or who is a person to unfollow.
        Help Build This Idea To A 2013 Feature :)

• Nischal ShettyAdminNischal Shetty (Founder, Crowdfire) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful if you guys suggest ways to find fake users. Here's a list of things I can think of:

1. No tweets
        2. No profile picture

Feel free to suggest other such things that you can think of.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only see one problem with this. who, what, and how is going to determine if a user is fake or not? But nice idea.

Feedback and Knowledge Base